El Dorado Chemical is looking to hire a Draftsman to join our team in El Dorado, AR. Under the supervision of the Technical Manager this position will work with Engineers (Process and Reliability) and contractors to complete technical drawings for the needs of El Dorado Chemical. This role will create sketches and designs that fit our evolving business, using computer-aiding drafting software for the completion of required designs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understanding of full drafting process
- Maintain/monitor document control system
- Be able to interpret blueprints and drawings/sketches
- Develop a complete set of piping construction drawings utilizing 2-D and 3-D CADD skills with the ability to work in reference of 3-D models
- Identify and select proper machining methods
- Strong mathematical skills
- Provide support to our customers when it comes to field changes and other construction challenges
- These duties and responsibilities are representative categories and do not constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
- Two (2) years drafting experience.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient at creating 3D models using AutoCAD.
- Proficient at creating Isometric drawings.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform in pressure situations.
- Computer skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential.
- Five (5) years drafting experience
- Direct experience working in the chemical industry
- 40 hours a week (Monday - Friday) with some overtime as needed
- Standing, sitting, and bending for long periods of time.
EL Dorado Chemical Co. is a subsidiary of LSB Industries
PO Box 231, EL Dorado AR 71730
About this company
El Dorado Chemical Company (EDC) operates a 150 acre, multi-product facility located on a 1,400 acre site in El Dorado, Arkansas. EDC produces a variety of agrochemical and industrial products including regular nitric acid and concentrated nitric acid, mixed (nitrating) acids, sulfuric acid, and both agricultural and industrial grade ammonium nitrate.
EDC uses natural gas as its primary feedstock, and its products are transported to market via truck or rail.
EDC distributes its agricultural products through third party distributors, wholesalers and through 10 company-owned retail distribution centers in Texas and Missouri.
Location/Region: El Dorado, AR (71730)