Maintenance Mechanical Technician
El Dorado Chemical is looking to hire a Maintenance Mechanical Technician in El Dorado, AR. The Maintenance Mechanical Technician is responsible for the maintenance support for the plant, specializing in the mechanical capability. Job expertise is the installation, repair, and upkeep of all mechanical equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Technician performs work of high skill in the inspection, repair, testing, alignment, adjustment, installation and removal of all mechanical plant equipment and systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Safely perform and document maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and systems.
• Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Able to provide solutions quickly and accurately even in stressful situations
• Must have a hands-on approach and strong work ethic
• Make repairs to equipment within OEM specifications to ensure reliable equipment and follow mechanical best practices.
• Utilize precision alignment techniques and practices on rotating equipment. Check connected piping for pipe strain.
• Provide update information for files, logs and drawings for all designated mechanical equipment.
• Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify baseline and the adequacy of repairs.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and work areas.
• Remove and install equipment using proper rigging.
• Lock, tag, try, and test devices in order to make equipment de-energized, cleared, and safe to work on.
• Inspect ladders, tools, job sites, fire extinguishers, emergency lights, and etc., in order to ensure safety and personnel protection.
• Troubleshoot equipment such as valves, pumps, gearboxes, rotating equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and other mechanical devices.
• Perform routine maintenance on mechanical devices using hand and power tools, electrical and electronic measuring and test devices, diagnostic equipment, vendor literature, technical manuals, blueprints, and other diagrams..
• Input accurate findings and time in CMMS for equipment history.
• These duties and responsibilities are representative categories and do not constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• High school or GED equivalent and one or more of the following minimum requirements,
• 2-year associate degree in industrial maintenance technology.
• Three (3) years industrial maintenance experience
• Must be able to lift and/or move more than 20 pounds.
• Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
• Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Work in awkward or confining workspaces.
• Work in elevated places.
• Work in an outdoor noisy environment.
• Work Overtime as needed
• Work in areas that are dusty and have some odor from chemicals, etc.
• Work in adverse weather conditions.
• occasionally work in chemical-protective clothing and equipment such as: acid suits, Nomex.
EL Dorado Chemical Co. is a subsidiary of LSB Industries
PO Box 231, EL Dorado AR 71730
About this company
El Dorado Chemical Company (EDC) operates a 150 acre, multi-product facility located on a 1,400 acre site in El Dorado, Arkansas. EDC produces a variety of agrochemical and industrial products including regular nitric acid and concentrated nitric acid, mixed (nitrating) acids, sulfuric acid, and both agricultural and industrial grade ammonium nitrate.
EDC uses natural gas as its primary feedstock, and its products are transported to market via truck or rail.
EDC distributes its agricultural products through third party distributors, wholesalers and through 10 company-owned retail distribution centers in Texas and Missouri.
Location/Region: EL DORADO, AR