Choose a Career That Lets You Live Life Differently
Think about a goal that you’ve accomplished; whether it was helping your team win a championship, paying off debt or running your first 5K; the feeling of accomplishment is undeniable. Now think about how helping others reach their financial goals will feel—both for you and your clients.
Financial Representatives with Northwestern Mutual help clients reach their financial goals, staying with them over time and evolving their plans as their needs change. And with more than half of Americans believing their financial planning needs improvement, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities.
You’ll partner with clients by creating personalized financial plans built on their unique needs and desires. And through our industry-leading solutions, you’ll help them protect what they’ve worked so hard to achieve while also growing their assets for the future.
We’re looking for competitive individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll be matched up with experienced mentors and coaches who will help you get started and stay with you throughout your career.
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the “World’s Most Admired” companies, Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
By joining our team, you’ll have access to:
- An award-winning training program to help you get started.
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
- A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition and rewards.
- Full financial support for professional designations and certifications for both your personal and professional business growth.
- The opportunity to pursue leadership and specialized roles.
- Exceptional income potential, as your hard work will directly relate to your sales results. Our financial representatives are compensated through commissions, bonuses, repeat business and client retention.
Our clients desire the following from their financial representative:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Someone who builds relationships centered on trust, open communication and transparency.
- The courage and ability to have difficult conversations when needed.
- A commitment to ongoing learning, including staying current on financial news, laws and the impacts to their clients.
- Someone who is proactive and focused on providing excellent customer service.
While you help your clients achieve financial security, Northwestern Mutual of West Hartford will also help you.
- Top-ranked training program (as recognized by Training magazine, 2015).
- Exceptional income potential.
- Comprehensive medical coverage.
- Two company-funded retirement plans (pension plan and 401(k) plan).
- Sponsorship of licensing and designations.
- Personalized mentorship from top-performing advisors.
- Group life and disability income insurance.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Jim Finlay our Director of Recruitment & Selection at
To learn more about this position and others, visit us at the Hartford Courant Career Fair!
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
100 East River Drive
East Hartford, CT 06108
1 Northwestern Mutual Planning and Progress Study 2015
2 FORTUNE magazine’s annual survey, published February 19, 2016
Location/Region: East Hartford, CT (US - 06108)