Chemours is seeking an Experienced Operator/Mechanic to join our growing Operations team! This position will report directly to the Production First Line Supervisor in our El Dorado, AR location.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this role is to monitor and operate equipment and facilities while ensuring quality and conformance with standard operating procedures.
• Loading, shipping, & receiving finished, raw, intermediate materials.
• Performing sequences of operations required to operate or support the operation of chemical processes.
• Participates in & accepts Safety, Environmental & Health responsibilities.
• Achieving & maintaining production targets, quality standards, & equipment within their work environment.
• Safely work with pressure, temperature, level and flow in pipe systems and using pressure gauge for leak testing.
• Safely handle hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes in compliance with all plant requirements and environmental regulations.
• HS diploma or GED equivalent.2-year Certificate/Associate Degree in Process Technology, Or Three (3) yrs Chemical/Petrochemical Operator exp, Or Five (5) years of chemical packing experience.
• Willingness & ability to work a rotating shift schedule.
• Willingness & ability to work overtime, including holidays, weekends, & on short notice call in as required.
• Willingness & ability to wear req PPE (personal protective equip) such as steel toes, hardhat, protective eyewear, face shields, arc protective clothing, & SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus).
• Willing & able to work in a high-hazard process.
• Willing & able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs, ladders, columns, & to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl, reach overhead, hear & respond to alarms, & possess visual acuity for close work.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) & able to learn new computer systems.
Please Apply @ https://chemours.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/chemours/job/US---AR---ElDorado/Experienced-Operator-Mechanic_JR4738
Location/Region: El Dorado, AR (71730)