The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, new Family Medicine Residency Training program in El Dorado, Arkansas, seeks a dynamic, Board Certified Family Physician as Program Director to develop the new program. The Program Director is accountable for all program outcomes and provides leadership for recruitment and selection of the new program residents. The Program Director mentors, teaches and provides administrative oversight to the residents and faculty who serve the mission of the residency program. It is essential that the Program Director have direct involvement in patient care, as well as direct teaching and supervision of residents.
The Program Director is also responsible for maintenance of accreditation of the program by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and for the collaborative relationship between the program and affiliated institutions, e.g. hospital, clinical and community partners. The Program Director reports to the Regional Executive, and works collaboratively with our institutional partners.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Doctor of Medicine degree from an LCME-accredited allopathic medical school
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine residency program
- Active, unencumbered license to practice medicine in Arkansas and DEA certificate.
- Certification by the specialty board in Family Medicine by the ABFM
- Minimum of three years clinical, educational, and administrative experience in an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Residency Program
- Overall good health, eyesight, hearing, and proficient in the English language
Preferred Qualifications include:
- National Institute of Program Director Development (NIPDD) fellowship
- Curriculum development and program evaluation in the area of graduate medical education
- Experience as an Associate Program Director (APD).
When fully implemented, the UAMS South Arkansas (El Dorado) Program will be a three-year 4/4/4 fully accredited residency program. This new program strives to train and retain Family Physicians to meet the educational, research and service mission of UAMS Regional Programs. We are looking for energetic, forward-thinking leadership to carry this proud tradition in the southern part of the State. The UAMS South Arkansas (El Dorado) Family Medicine residency program will be one of the eight regional AHEC programs under the auspices of Regional Programs, a division of UAMS. The Program Director is a key member of the Regional Programs Leadership team, with accountability for collaborating to ensure success of all strategic missions.
Competitive salary and benefits. Includes medical/dental/vision, 403(b), paid holidays, CME, employer paid malpractice and LTD.
Location/Region: El Dorado, AR (71730)