As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development.
Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options.
Whether it s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
**Your Role and Responsibilities** **OVERVIEW:**
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works.
We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world.
Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions.
We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future.
We re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
**JOB ROLE DESCRIPTION: ASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST:**
You analyze and organize the data needed and work closely with data scientists to query data in order to uncover the stories hidden in data and find patterns in the numbers.
As an Associate Data Engineer, you ll help gather and collect data, store data, and perform batch processing and real-time processing.
You ll work closely with other teams to determine what data management systems are appropriate and which data are needed for analysis.
As an Associate Data Engineer, you ll be able to wrestle with and help solve problems associated with database integration and messy, unstructured data sets.
As an Associate, you ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving.
We re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world.
We prioritize ongoing learning, development of consulting and/or technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
**WORK YOU COULD DO AS AN ASSOCIATE DATA SCIENTIST:**
- Implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs, providing analytical solutions.
- Use leading edge tools such as Linux, SQL, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Java, and Cloud Vendors such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
- Build teams or writing programs to cleanse and integrate data in an efficient and reusable manner, developing predictive or prescriptive models, and evaluating modeling results
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
**ABOUT THE CLIENT INNOVATION CENTER (CIC):**
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Monroe center
- Some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US.
Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site.
You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to relocate to Monroe, Louisiana once our offices reopen permanently (currently, many IBM offices are working remotely due to Covid)
- Our motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World.
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
- Great at solving problems by looking at thing differently, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms)
- Strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Basic understanding of Cloud (AWS,Azure, etc)
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology-based consulting environment
- Must be able to start work full time between January - June 2022
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
- Bachelor s in Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Statistics, or related areas preferred
- Tableau knowledge preferred - PowerBI experience preferred
- Data warehousing and ETL experience a plus
- Hadoop (Hbase, Hive, Mapreduce) preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred - Cloud platform exposure (especially AWS or Azure) preferred
**About Business Unit**
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy.
IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
**Your Life @ IBM** Are you craving to learn more?
Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges?
And ready to shape the future for millions of people?
If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story.
Together, we have the power to make meaningful change to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career. **About IBM**
IBM s greatest invention is the IBMer.
We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain.
Now it s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
**Location Statement** IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave.
Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform.
IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future.
Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
**Being You @ IBM** IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.
IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Location/Region: Monroe, LA (71201)